It’s that time of year again… When you’ve over indulged and are ready to get back on the band wagon with a list of New Year’s resolutions…. To lose weight, be more productive and take time for yourself…. sound familiar?
I’m right there with you. Here are some of my goals for 2018 (I like goals over resolutions):
- Incorporate yoga in addition to my running workouts. I’m shooting for 1-2 times a week and I started by signing up last week. I’m so looking forward to going back this week to work on stretching, strength and clearing my mind. The next two months of work are hectic at my job and I recognize that I need to carve out time for myself and let the stress of the day melt away before going home to spend time with my husband. After I’m
boredcomfortable with yoga, I plan to incorporate more weights and strength training.
- Say “no” more. For a hot second, I thought I was Super-Woman and took on more than I could handle at work and in my personal life. Saying “no” or “no, thank you” is going to be a focus when it doesn’t fit within my passion, my goals, or my timeframe. “Saying yes to happiness sometimes means saying no to those you are trying to please.”
- Run a half marathon this year. I don’t know if I’ll ever run another marathon. After last year’s attempt, I’m not ready to try again just yet. My heart and mind weren’t in it and then I ended up injured following my 18-mile training run. I have started a half marathon training plan that kind of fell apart over the holidays and being sick. I’m focused on picking it back up and completing at least one half marathon this year. I’m actually going to shoot for two in the spring (Liberty Half and Running With The Cows) but if I only get one in, I’ll be pleased.
- Grow the Ottawa Running Club. Fliers, Facebook ads and Letters to the Editor are the ways I plan to continue marketing the Ottawa Running Club. The group has grown sparse with the cold weather but I have no doubt numbers will be back up when the weather turns nice.
Readlisten to five audio books. My commute to and from work feels more productive when I’m listening to a book. I’m currently listening to Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown on my phone through Audible. It’s a nice distraction when I’m running, too. Though, all I’ve been listening to lately is “The Greatest Showman” soundtrack! So good!
- Lose 30 lbs. Yep, I said it. I have been wanting it, but not bad enough to do the work. I’m getting my mind right to accomplish it. I don’t expect it to happen tomorrow but little by little, I’m hoping to reach my goal.
So, there it is. I put them out in the universe. So tell me, did you make New Year’s resolutions? Did you write them down and create a plan? Share yours in the comments!